Thursday, March 4, 2010

Jaxon Update

Today I took Jaxon to see a doctor at Rady Children's Hospital. Too bad I had to take all 3 boys with me because it really made the appointment a nightmare. Dr. Garcia was great and talked to me about an action plan for Jaxon. His last scope to check his eosinophil count was in June 09. We are going to scope him again to see where we are. Depending on the results we will add some of the "big ones" (egg, dairy, wheat, nuts, corn, etc.). I am not sure on the order yet but the plan is to add one every 3 months then scope again. It feels good to have a plan but at the same time I like that Jaxon has been doing really well food wise for so long (mostly due to my lack of trying new foods). I am scared of the vomiting, crying, tummy aches, sleepless nights, etc. if he reacts to something. As he gets older he really needs more variety. I am hoping this will give us more variety and more answers.

Sorry, no pictures. I almost snapped a pic at the appointment of Daniel checking Jaxon's tummy with Jaxon's feet in the stirrups, but the nurse came in the room. Too bad, it was hilarious.

No comments: