Thursday, July 12, 2012

For the Twins

My amazing cousin Kim is having TWINS soon and my equally amazing little sister Diana is baking them for her. They will be coming in the not too distant future. We celebrated at Kim's shower last on June 30th.

When my friend Heather had boy/girl twins someone made them Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls. I loved the idea so much that I made some for Kim's babies. It was my first attempt making this type of thing and it took a whole lot longer than expected. Its a darn good thing I did the wigs last or I may have given up at the very start. I figure they must look acceptable enough if Kim thought I bought them.
The Christmas stockings are a family tradition started by my Granny when she made one for each of her grandchildren. I have now made them for all of my boys and niece and nephew.

Kim and her husband Allen love Jimmy Buffett and always have a Buffett Christmas tree, so I thought the Pirate with the parrot was appropriate for their little boy.

The Sugar Plum Fairy for their baby girl was so extremely frilly I could not pass it up. With Johnny gone working during the week this also gave me something to keep busy with at night so I wouldn't get so lonely.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow! You are so talented Melody, I am always amazed at your stockings. And well done on the dolls! Such a great gift.