I took Jaxon to the Rady Children's Hospital EE Clinic in Murrieta, CA a few weeks ago for a follow-up appointment. After we left Denver last year with a list of new foods to try I was scared and felt that we were setting Jaxon up for failure. Jaxon, however, never ceases to amaze me! He is doing SO well. Since Denver we have added one by one rice, dairy, wheat, and egg back into his diet. There is no sign that he is reacting to any of them. No tummy pain, no vomiting, no trouble swallowing, no rash, no hives, nothing. His last two scopes have been clear of any EEs. So, with that in mind I made an executive decision. No more scopes. He had five by the time he was 4 1/2 years old. I am done and he is done. Until I see some strong indication that he is reacting in some way to the food he is eating we are moving ahead. Currently he has NO FOOD RESTRICTIONS! Wahoo! Five years of tests, reading labels, seeing doctors, attempting to explain his condition to others, etc. Such frustration. I am not sure if I'm ready to use the word "cured." I'm not sure if that is really an option for EE kids to ever really be cured, but for now Jaxon is healthy, happy, and boy can that kid eat!
I wish with all my heart that all the kids out there suffering from eosinophilic conditions could be doing as well as Jaxon.
12 years ago


4 comments:
That is SO great!! What a blessing!
Amazing! What a blessing and surely a testament to your wonderful and careful care. I am so happy for your family, this has got to take so many stresses out of your daily life, constantly monitoring and worrying about his diet. Hooray for Jaxon!
Amazing wonderful news!
That is the greatest news ever!!! This make me (and I am sure you) very happy!
Post a Comment