Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy B-day to ME!

For my birthday on February 7th I was completely spoiled. On Friday the 6th my wonderful friend Janelle took me out to lunch at Applebee's. It was chaotic of course since she has two kids the exact same age as mine and we are both prego again. Many of the elderly people expecting a quiet and relaxing lunch were not too pleased with the 6 of us. One even made sure to let us know that Janelle's daughter was storing her chicken strips in her dress. Every eye was on us but we didn't care. The waiter was relieved when we left but we made sure to tip him well. The poor guy had a mountain of food under the table to clean and far too many half eaten splenda packets (Daniel is a little sneak) stuck in the seats.  Still, it was fun to talk and eat out. Janelle is always so much fun she keeps me laughing the entire time! Thank you for a great lunch. 

At lunch we hit a milestone with Jaxon. I ordered him food at the restaurant. Plain grilled chicken and broccoli, but it was off the menu. I was so excited. Yeah Jaxon! Can't you totally tell he is enjoying himself? This kid eats like a horse. He shoves it in until it is gone. Look at those cheeks; like a chipmunk storing food for the winter. 


That night Johnny sent me to pick-up pizza for dinner. He had invited another couple over to play games. I was really upset when I came home to find he brought home a try of sub sandwiches from Subway too. He was in the shower and I made a point to go in and tell him I was upset he had spent so much money on unnecessary food for dinner. He looked at me very strange and just said "OK". I still didn't have a clue he was throwing me a surprise party. He had insisted on sweeping and mopping the floor the night before but I didn't put the two together. Not until multiple sets of our friends started arriving all at the same time did it dawn on me. I was totally surprised. It was fun to hang out and celebrate. Thank you to everyone who came. Thank you babe! It was a great party!  I feel so lame I can't believe I was so easy to fool! 

No comments: