I drive alone with my two boys to CA on 02/08. NO Stops! I am a mad woman, what can I say? We made it in just over 4 1/2 hours. YEAH!
Monday we were supposed to go to Lego Land but it was cold and raining so I just drove straight to LA to my sister's house. We had fun visiting and talking. I had to work all week so I set up my computer and listened to my crippled sister try to take care of my boys while I worked (FYI: My sister broke her collar bone in two places snow boarding the week before).
Tuesday my sister had to go into work so I tried to work from her house while attempting to entertain my kids. It was rough but we all survived. I spent most of the day crying over my lost 5 year anniversary diamond earring. It still makes my cry to think about it being gone...
That afternoon we went to the most AMAZING children's museum. It is the Zimmer Children's Museum in downtown LA. AMAZING. After we had our vehicle searched going into the parking lot we went inside to see a real plane. The wings were cut off and the kids could go sit in the cockpit, push all the buttons, pull all the levers, etc. It even had a gas pump. This was Daniel's favorite part of the trip! They had a full size children's theatre on the same floor.
Downstairs they had a real ambulance for the kids to play in, a tree house, multiple kitchens, a bouncy area, a water play area (Jaxon helped himself to a few sips), craft rooms, and the world's largest pinball machine. It was 2 stories. After the child would put 6 huge rubber coins in the slots the balls would go crazy. I literally had to pry Jaxon's hands off and sling him over my shoulder to make him leave. Luckily my sister's brother-in-law Jimmy was with me and took Daniel upstairs to the plane while I was downstairs with Jaxon and the pinball tokens. If you ever go to LA make sure to check this out. It was totally and completely worth the trip! That night my wonderful (almost) sister Lee came over for me to lay my head on her shoulder and feed me Thai food. After that I felt much better about losing my earring.
Wednesday we went furniture shopping. My busted up sister, myself and the boys in a furniture store. Sounds bad, right? Yep. It was the last day and all the merchandise was covered, packaged and rolled up. We were asking them to open items for us to take a look. The second I put Jaxon down to look at a rug with Jeanine he ran face first into a metal vase and blood was everywhere. We rushed him to a tiny bathroom in the back, forced him to rinse his mouth with water, and examined his disgustingly mutilated tough. He literally almost bit the right side of his tough in half. All we could do was stick a huge roll of gauze in his mouth to try and stop the bleeding. I was covered in blood and he was covered in blood. Unfortunately I was wearing white! My sister quickly got a great deal on a table and rug and had them load it up. Jaxon didn't stop bleeding until the next day. My grandmother said to use sugar to make the blood coagulate. That was the only time we could get Jaxon to open his mouth so we could inspect the damage. My wonderful cousin watched the boys that night (blood, screaming and all) while I went to dinner and Phantom with my sister, mom and grandmother. We went to Eva Longoria's restaurant Beso. AMAZING! PERFECTION on a plate. It was to die for! Literally! We then walked to the Pantegas theatre and watched Phantom. Again, AMAZING! The Phantom's voice could melt my heart into a mushy puddle of goo. It was all I could do not to sing along. The entire cast was wonderful.
Thursday and Friday I spent back in Hemet at my parent's house. My dad almost fell off a roof at work on Tuesday so he was not really up for much play time with the boys but it was a nice visit. My parent's gave the boys bathes and read them stories. It was cute to watch them interact. Johnny flew out Friday night. I missed him so much! The boys missed him too. My life is just not complete when he is away. Saturday we celebrated Valentine's day by sealing 44 of my dad's family in the Redland's temple. We hung out with friends and enjoyed some time together after being apart. Sunday we had church and drove home. Overall it was a trip of some major ups and downs but it was so great to spend time with my family again.


1 comment:
you have no idea how jealous I am of my own family after reading your blog. actaully, i dont know if it is jealousy, homesickness, or just really feeling like I am missing out. lol
I am glad you had such a good birthday! Sorry to hear about the earring, but glad Lee was there to comfort!
I miss you a ton!!
Post a Comment