Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Bodily Fluids

Jaxon has been having "issues" recently. He is potty trained, but for some reason the last few days it has been all down hill. He peed in his pants six time in two days, two of them not just pee. Yuck! Ugh! One of those was at the zoo. Try cleaning that up in the LA Zoo bathroom. Luckily I had extra shorts. Once was at preschool and once was on top of Daniel's bunk bed! By the end of yesterday I was beyond frustrated. He had not had an accident in weeks and then this. I told Johnny yesterday afternoon that between Jaxon's accidents and Wesley's diapers I was completely done with bodily fluids.

The Lord has a sense of humor. I should never have let that statement escape my lips. Last night Jaxon was warm. I kept telling Johnny I thought he might be getting a fever. He was throwing up from 10pm-6am. Today he still had a fever but at least the retching stopped. He must have watched Peter Pan at least 5 times. I spent the time walking back and forth from our trailer to the laundry room burning through a large bag of quarters and hauling our many loads of laundry in the kid's wagon. Wesley thought it was an adventure.

Needless to say by this afternoon I was not in great spirits when we went to pick up Johnny from work. Daniel refused to take a nap which meant I couldn't either. The one thing I was looking forward to was picking up Wesley's one year pictures. Johnny was amazing and offered to stay in the car with the kids while I ran inside. Despite my great desire to shop I ran in and out only to return to a hysterical Daniel without a shirt. My first thought was that Jaxon puked in the car and Johnny had no option but to use Daniel's shirt to wipe it up (remember I had no sleep the night before, I know that was a crazy notion). Johnny later explained Daniel found a juice box in the car, Johnny told him it would be warm, but Daniel insisted on drinking the juice. One sip later Daniel screamed it was too warm (hello lack of nap) and squirted it all over Jaxon and the back of the car. Johnny took his shirt to clean it up. I arrived right before Daniel screamed at Johnny "give me back my shirt or I am going to squirt milk from my nipple in your ear."

I was so shocked I started laughing and couldn't stop. Apparently Daniel has made his own assumptions about how babies are fed. I have talked to him many times about nursing babies. Maybe he heard me talking about weaning Wesley last week. For him to come up with this threat totally boggled my mind. It was hysterical and really did make all my frustrations over bodily fluids disappear.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

That's just awful- you deserve a day at the spa! (let me know if you get it- I never have!)

Heather said...

Oh dear! I am so sorry, what a terrible day. I have yet to deal with throwing up, I am glad you found humor-though I am sure it was crazed. :) I hope the boys are doing better.