I have never personally experienced discrimination for any reason, until yesterday. I took
Jaxon to an in home preschool recommended to me by a woman at church. It is not licensed, but came highly recommended. After talking with the woman about her program, experience, and the
curriculum I decided it would be a good fit for
Jaxon. Yesterday was his first day. He was shy at first but by the end of the two hour class was super excited to come again. Of course I talked with the woman about
Jaxon's EE and provided all of his emergency information before I left. A few hours after preschool was over she called me very concerned about
Jaxon's EE and said flat out "If I knew about his condition before you came I would have told you not to bring him." Of course my mommy instincts kick in and I became defensive, but agreed to talk over the situation with Johnny and she was going to discuss it with her husband. Johnny and I agreed not to take
Jaxon back, but then this morning all
Jaxon could talk about was his new preschool and the field trips they were going to go on to the County Fair and the Pumpkin Patch. It broke my heart. The Preschool Lady called again this afternoon to say she would like to have
Jaxon come if I would sign a liability waiver in case anything happened while he was in her care.
Ummmm, no!
At first I was upset and offended. Mostly I'm sad for Jaxon and how upset he will be when we don't go back. It is not like my kids have a very stable life traveling around with Johnny for work, but now he is jumping around preschools and I'm not going to tell him she didn't want him there because of his "condition." Maybe I was naive thinking this would never happen. Not any more. In the future I will be more prepared to protect my son.
2 comments:
This is so maddening. I can't even find the words i am actually pissed off to hear this. I am so sorry for you and jaxon. You don't have ennough to worry about now this?!?! I wouldn't send him back either but i would mention to her that what she is doing may be illegal.... just to make her sweat.
Oh no! That is awful! That breaks my heart. I can see Jaxon's sad face and your upset defensive face now! There will something better out there. We miss you guys! I might be hitching a ride with my friend again in Oct. and you are coming before we know it for some TS!!!!! Yay!
Post a Comment