The last few weeks have been rough but at the same time we have had a lot of great things happen. I need to focus on the good more! So here is goes...
Daniel is learning to skateboard, Jaxon can now ride his bike without training wheels, Garrett is sitting up and makes my heart melt when he smiles. Wesley says no to everything now even when he wants to say yes. His laugh is one of the sweetest sounds in the world. Daniel is reading like crazy and is at the top of his class. He wants to grow his hair out and have a mohawk over the summer (dreading it!), Jaxon can write his name. My boys can recite the first few articles of faith. When I don't go to bed kicking myself for being the biggest failure of a mother this world has ever seen completely convinced my children will hate me for all time, I think maybe I'm not doing too bad.
Jaxon started eating rice. He loves it. He even had his first real rice crispy treat. No sign of reaction yet. No vomiting or gagging yet. I think we may have a keeper but only time will tell.

The other night at my parent's house we decorated the tree. Whenever we would hand Wesley a safe ornament to hang on the tree he would hook it on his bottom lip, walk over to the tree, and pull off whatever ornament was most recently hung by one of his brothers. It was so cute but made for a long decorating process.
Johnny was called out for storm work on Friday. It has been all over the news the last week how many people are out of power in southern CA. Something like 100,000 due to strong winds blowing trees on the power lines. Over 100 crews were sent and we are lucky Johnny has a place on one of them. They are working 24 hour rotations then taking a mandatory 8 hour break before doing another 24 hours. They will work like that until all power is restored, at least a week. Maybe more since another wind storm is supposed to be coming that direction. It is not a permanent placement, it is just a short call for the storm, but then he will go back to the top of the waiting list where he was and hopefully we will know where we are moving soon. Until then I am manning the heathens on my own, Valley Fever and all.
I love Christmas and all it stands for. I have to say I am overwhelmed and feel more like Scrooge than anything, but I am trying to get in the spirit. This year has been one of our hardest. It was emotionally, physically and spiritually draining. As I was driving home tonight with my bags of medication and a car full of screaming hungry children I saw this bumper sticker and couldn't help but give the guy an Amen!

Amen brother, Amen!


3 comments:
Sorry it has been so rough on you lately. That Valley fever sounds just dreadful. However, when I read what your boys have been up to, I'd have to agree--you are a very successful mother and have a lot to be grateful for! This too shall pass.
Wait, I thought I was the worst mother in the world? At least I will take comfort inknowing that you are lying in bed thinking the same guilty feelings. :) Hang in there friend. I hope you get to feeling better asap so you can be on your A-game to keep up or better yet stay ahead of your 5 boys.
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
فني ستائر بالرياض
تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
فني تركيب اثاث ايكيا شرق الرياض
Post a Comment