I received my blood test back today confirming I have Valley Fever. Good thing the results came today too because until the blood test came back positive I have not been able to take anything to treat my issues. The symptoms are fever, chest pain, chills, fatigue, headache, shortness of breath, night sweats (lovely I thought I would not have these until menopause), joint pain, and of course my lovely lumpy welt rash. Check, check, check, and check. Got them all. The major problem is that I am getting more and more spots that turn into lumps and swell all together all over my legs and arms. The red areas burn as if I had laid my ankles, elbows and wrists on an open flame and all of my joints ache. I feel so old!
Gross, huh? Please ignore the extreme need for a pedicure...
My legs and feet are so swollen I am hobbling like a cripple because I literally can't move my ankles they are so fat. I kind of do a shuffle then drag my more painful left foot along behind me. My lower legs swelled so much my favorite baggy jeans became like spandex. My milk supply for Garrett all but dried up completely because all fluid is going to my legs.
My legs and feet are so swollen I am hobbling like a cripple because I literally can't move my ankles they are so fat. I kind of do a shuffle then drag my more painful left foot along behind me. My lower legs swelled so much my favorite baggy jeans became like spandex. My milk supply for Garrett all but dried up completely because all fluid is going to my legs. Today I started a high does of anti fungal medication with lovely nausea and vomiting side effects to take for 3 weeks as well as a 6 day intense steroid treatment. Needless to say I had to stop nursing Garrett cold turkey this afternoon and neither of us are happy about it. I cried most of the way back to Bakersfield today. Can someone get out a fiddle and start playing for me? I'm having a pity party folks!


1 comment:
Oh this just breaks my heart Melody. I am so so sorry that you had to stop nursing! And so sad for Garrett! :( Not to mention painful for you. Saying prayers for you!
Post a Comment