Friday, January 13, 2012

Ontario

We are now officially back in Ontario full time. Jaxon is going to the same preschool Daniel was in the last time we were here. He loves it! Daniel is finally back in Kindergarten. It took a few days and a lot of phone calls but we made it happen. The school he was supposed to go to was completely full as well as the other 9 in the district that I contacted. After a conversation with the Assistant Superintendent about transferring to another district they found a spot for him with a really amazing teacher. It is only his 3rd day but he really loves his class. The first night they sent homework I decided it was a good spot for him. In Bakersfield they sent home 3-4 pages a week which Daniel would complete in about 3 minutes. This teacher sends home 8-15 pages of homework per week as well as projects for social development (such as chores to do around the house and calling friends on the phone to learn phone etiquette and manners). My only problem now is the scheduling. Jaxon's preschool is 9-noon, Daniel goes 10:30-2:30. I feel like I am running every which way every 90 minutes! Try fitting in naps for the other boys sometime in between and I am about to pull my hair out.

Johnny has actually been working in Anaheim for a few weeks. He gets excited when he works on any lines labeled DISNEY! There were a few issues yesterday. His crew was heating up some lines (aka turning the power back on) with the inspector after another crew had finished working on them previously. Not too long before fire trucks went screaming by. There was an explosion in a hand hole at an apartment complex connected to the line they were working. Apparently something was mislabeled and wires were crossed. Scary! No one was hurt but all the guys had to go through drug screening. He should be sent back to work in Riverside next week on some transmission lines. He likes working at night when they pull the lines over freeways. Depending on the crew he is placed with he may get some time hanging from a helicopter. Yikes!

Garrett is so beyond adorable. He is six months old with six teeth (maybe it is a good thing I had to stop nursing) and a smile to absolutely die for! Too bad he will never do it when I pull out a camera. He is so close to crawling it is ridiculous. An infant crawling in our trailer with the other boys running back and forth is not such a great thing.

Wesley is a maniac! He rides Jaxon's razor scooter and Daniel's skateboard up and down the street all day long. He wants to be just like his brothers. He has picked up quite a few of my older boy's potty words. For some reason "stupid head" sounds so sweet coming from him. We are constantly working on fixing the problem. It got much worse over Christmas when we took his binkie away. Now there is nothing to mute him with! Next I have to tackle potty training. Ugh! I have put it off too long already.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Glad you all got settled in. Hopefully you will be in one spot for a while!