Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hurray for Work!

Johnny was sent back to work this week. He started at a new substation under construction in Palm Springs with a company called Contra Costa. They promptly transferred him to a substation in Oxnard, CA where he will start this next Monday. We are happy he is back in the saddle, but not so thrilled he is working too far away to come home at night. Starting next week he will stay in a hotel while I live the high life in our trailer with the 4 heathens until the end of the school year. We have been toying with the idea of buying a house out here in the Ontario, CA area to give us some much needed stability...and increase our measly square footage. Then Johnny could take our home on wheels with him wherever he is sent. The idea is appealing yet mind boggling at the same time. The question I keep hear rattling away at the back of my mind is: If he is too far away to come home at night why not just go back to our house in Arizona? Buying is so permanent, yet the rental market out here is disgusting! $1700 a month for a piece of junk 4 bedroom in a terrible neighborhood does not get me excited in the right way! I am in desperate need of some divine inspiration.

3 comments:

The Kleyn Family said...

Don't you do it!! You've made it this long and if you buy in CA, I have a sneaky feeling, you'll take your time getting back to AZ. It might be selfish, but DO NOT buy in CA... ;-)

Elizabeth Farnsworth said...

How did the wheat trial go? You truly are super mom!

Hulse Family said...

I admit it, I am a chicken! We have not started the wheat trial yet. But we will! He is getting over a skin infection on the outside of his ear so once that is cleared I will start the wheat trial.