Thursday, May 3, 2012

Vitamin D

How do you get Vitamin D? The sun, right? So how can a kid who swims almost every day, rides his bike constantly, goes on 5-6 mile walks and hikes 3-5 days per week, and has the most gorgeous tan you have ever seen be constantly low on Vitamin D? I don't get it! And he takes multivitamins and calcium with vitamin D every day. Any other EE kids experiencing this?

The main issue is that if Jaxon's vitamin D is low he is not absorbing calcium properly. If he is not absorbing calcium properly his teeth chip, his bones are not as strong as they should be, growth issues, etc. etc. etc.

I have enough to keep my mind swirling at night without worrying about him not getting enough sunlight!

***
Since I posted this I actually found out that he needs to be taking liquid Vitamin D on his tongue a few times per week...so why didn't they tell me that when I went to see all the EE specialists in Denver last November? Hum????

No comments: