Monday, October 15, 2012

Jaxon Update

Jaxon is doing well trialing dairy. He has gagged a few times and thrown up a few times, but he also might have been reacting to shrimp. He had shrimp twice. He has never had any previous reaction to shell fish in the past, but this time the side of his face swelled...but he also had an ear infection and was on antibiotics so it also could have been the ear infection causing the swelling. We go see the EE clinic at Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego the start of November and will probably schedule another scope. I hope to trial egg after we get the all clear on dairy. Egg will be the last restricted food we have to trial, but we will be staying away from shell fish for a while just to be sure. If we don't get the all clear on dairy I know I will cry and Jaxon will be devastated. Our battle over dairy will be epic if I try to remove it from his diet now. I have never seen a child so in love with cheese, Gogurts, and ice cream. He is a pizza fiend and will eat more than Johnny and I combined if we let him, which we don't. He eats like the food is going to get up and run away from him when it is something he really loves.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

That is awesome!! I know how you feel about taking away dairy--Ava's allergist has discussed trailing wheat in the near future and I'm terrified. She failed oatmeal and I fear that if she trials wheat and doesn't pass, it will be devastating for both of us. I'll be praying that he will pass dairy with flying colors!