We FINALLY made a decision and rented a house in south west Hemet, CA. After 3 years I couldn't take the trailer any more. Now it is in storage awaiting the time when Johnny is sent to work far enough away that he can't come home every night. We looked at quite a few houses to buy and every time it didn't feel like it was the right one, or right time, or right anything. Nothing was falling into place. I was so unsure. I look back on it now realize I was seriously having a "stupor of thought." Eventually Johnny's truck had more issues and we dumped over $8,000 into repairs in two months...goodbye down payment. So we are renting and moved in this past weekend. It feels good to be in our own place again but it doesn't feel like home yet. After having all of our "junk" in storage for over 3 years much of my own stuff doesn't even feel familiar and I have quite a large pile of Goodwill items for the boy's school fundraiser. Seriously why did no one tell me I am a terrible decorator when we lived in Mesa? I am fighting the urge to go buy new EVERYTHING! Even all the clothes I had in storage are being sent off to friends or thrift stores. I keep thinking over and over "why did we pay to store this"?
I know I will feel more comfortable with time. The boys love having two separate rooms and more space to run and play. They love the freedom to go play in the back yard whenever they want. I love having a toilet that will flush and a dishwasher. The house echos due to our lack of furniture so the kids seem very loud the last few days. Surprisingly I have slept well here and look forward to decorating for the holidays.
12 years ago


2 comments:
"After 3 years I couldn't take the trailer any more". Um, yeah. After THREE years, YEARS!! You are simply amazing.
Congrats on moving back to solid ground, room to roam and a back yard.
I commend you for making it 3 years my friend! You are truly amazing. Hooray for more stability and more room!
Post a Comment