I almost accepted a part time evening and weekend job the other day. A friend mentioned they needed people and I thought, why not? I knew I would get the job and I had $$$ signs flashing in my mind as I thought about being able to save extra money and pay off debt. Then I thought about what I would be giving up. Johnny is finally home every night. I would be gone instead of spending time with him. I would miss baseball games, all Saturday activities, Sunday afternoons and family dinners, etc. I would leave Johnny to work 12 hour days then come home to take care of dinner and put the kids in bed. I would really miss singing to my kids at bedtime. Not worth it! I realized I was trying to fill a desire for self improvement and fulfillment with something that would leave me wanting and frustrated.
I have wanted to go back to school for a long time. I completed my first Master's degree in Adult Education/Distance Learning the month I found out I was pregnant with Daniel. That was February 2005. 8 years later I am enrolling in my second Master's program. This time I will get my teaching credential and a specialization to make myself more marketable as I try to enter the Online Education world. The ultimate goal being that I can teach online at the high school or college level. After having 4 babies in 5 1/2 years I want to do something that is for my own personal growth and self fulfillment. I'm scared and excited all at the same time. I have not written a research paper in almost a decade and the thought terrifies me! What on earth am I getting myself into?
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment