12 years ago
Monday, May 13, 2013
Such is Life
I should have been posting regularly for the past two months since Johnny was working close to home and coming home every night. I had the time but not the motivation. He would come home every day and take the kids to play or to baseball practice so I could clean or make dinner in peace, but I never took the time to blog. Tonight is Johnny's first night away from home now that he was sent to a substation in Delano, CA (just north of Bakersfield). He will be working there for at least a month and hopefully coming home on the weekends. He is sad and lonely sitting in a grubby hotel by himself and was very put out that the hotel pool looked too gross to get in! As for me, at this very moment I have a sink full of dishes I am not going to wash tonight, clothes in the dryer I am not going to fold, dishes in the dishwasher I am not going to unload, toys (and a few goldfish) all over the floor that I am going to ignore, and most importantly I have four very happy little boys all asleep in their beds who had a yummy dinner, a fun bike ride, a warm bath, singing time, and a spiritual family home evening followed by family prayer. I actually feel a sense of accomplishment despite all of the things I didn't get done! I am going to go grab my kindle to start rereading the Great Gatsby (so I can feel prepared when I go see the movie with my book club) and eat some yummy chocolate! I will update my blog with all the fun stuff later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment