Our oldest son Daniel was baptized on Saturday the 30th. We really wanted to make sure Daniel understood the choice he was making so he took the missionary discussions the 6 weeks before the baptism. It was interesting to watch him during the discussions. As a parent I was so proud every time he would answer the questions correctly. I think I may have jumped up and cheered a few times. We have been teaching him about baptism and covenants his whole life. When he would not only answer the questions but add his thoughts or feelings to the standard answer I could hardly contain myself! What an amazing son we have!

Johnny was so excited to baptize Danny. I have some memories of my baptism, mostly feelings I had, but Johnny remembers specific things about his father baptizing him and for him to baptize Daniel it was a very special opportunity. We actually requested special permission from the Stake Presidency to have the baptism a week early to make sure Johnny would be home from work. Usually he works Saturdays but was off this past weekend due to Thanksgiving.
We had so many people in town for Thanksgiving and the baptism the weekend flew by in a little bit of a blur. We are just so grateful to everyone who made the effort to come and support Daniel on this very special day in his life. When I stood up at the end and looked out at all the friends and family who came (the room was packed) I really felt their love and support. Even Daniel and Jaxon's teachers came. It was a perfect day and Daniel is so excited he was finally old enough to be baptized and join the Church of Jesus Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment