Last Saturday: Went to a birthday party. Daniel started throwing up pink frosting in the car on the way home.
Sunday: Daniel threw up all over the kitchen. Johnny and I traded off at church. Sacrament meeting was quite peaceful sitting all by myself. Laundry.
Monday: Daniel was getting better, Jaxon started getting sick. Laundry.
Tuesday: Jaxon started throwing up. Johnny was out of town. Laundry. Laundry. Laundry.
Wednesday: Daniel was complaining his tummy hurt. Jaxon was still sick. Daniel was bored being in the house and threw screaming tantrums most the day. The boys were hardly eating anything. I came home from a church activity to Jaxon hysterical. After a few hours of him literally screaming in pain I took him to urgent care about 10:30pm. Diagnosis: Severe ear infection in left ear. Treatment: Antibiotics & ear drops. Pharmacy: Argument with pharmacist over pink coloring of antibiotics. In bed after midnight.
Thursday: Johnny was home from work. Yeah! I started getting sick. Daniel threw another tantrum and started slamming/kicking doors. I tried to stop the door slamming as he swung the door shut. It went back and the door lever caught him in the forehead. Daniel started screaming that he couldn't see. See below. 2nd trip to urgent care. (about 5pm) Diagnosis: Hematoma and one missing tube from the left ear, vision was not impaired.
Treatment: Cold packs & heaps of motherly guilt. Emergency trip to COSTCO for pull-ups. Jaxon pukes up the pink antibiotics after checking out. Johnny starts calling Daniel funny names.
Friday: 1am Daniel in our room saying his ears are bleeding. Screaming, crying, complaining, bribing, pleading, etc. 3am Daniel in our room saying his ears are bleeding. 3:01am 3rd trip to urgent care. Receptionist laughs as I walk in. They kindly don't charge me. Dr. confirms Daniel's ears are not in fact bleeding. His left ear is just draining fluid from having the tube come out. Daniel says "okay" stops crying and I take him home. He goes right to sleep. Ward temple night. Crying in the celestial room over my terrible week.
Saturday: I still don't feel good. Suffering from guilt, pregnancy, and sleep deprivation. Playing in Pioneer Park. Fun time with family. Daniel enjoyed seeing the train. Jaxon and Daniel play in the water of a drinking fountain. Daniel falls in the water and hits his head again (same spot). More motherly guilt. 5:45pm talking with neighbors; hear Jaxon scream. Johnny is holding our crying baby but it is not a normal cry. Jaxon had an inch and a half gash across his chin. 4th (YES 4TH!) trip to urgent care. Receptionist laughs as I walk in. Diagnosis: Split chin. Ear infection in left ear is gone, now right is infected. Treatment: Medical glue and gauze. Stay on vomit inducing antibiotics.
Sunday: Can't even lift my head off the pillow. Still feeling sick. Sleep until 9! Oops, church started at 8! Walk around in a daze. Try to go to another ward sacrament meeting to "make up" for missing ours. Fight with Daniel for almost an hour over wearing his church shoes. Go to the other ward. The meeting started an hour ago...we were misinformed. Go home. Crawl in a hold and die. Try not the think about the $150.00 we spent at urgent care this week. Pray we don't have to go again.


5 comments:
What a week is an understatement!! You poor thing! Hope things are much better for you this week:)
Oh man---that stinks!!!! I would have DIED!!! You are so strong! I can not believe yoU! Wow!!! At least you will be here this week right?
Holy hematoma! Dang, I would feel sorry for Daniel but I really feel sorry for YOU! You need a vacation, without kids.
HOLY MOLY! That bump is insane! We've been to the doctor 6 times in 3 weeks so far. All 3 boys and Josh have had ear infections. And Trey is getting his 2nd set of tubes in next Tuesday. NO MORE SICK KIDS PLEASE!!!
holy crap that is a huge bump i am calling c.p.s.
Love James
Post a Comment