Last week we spent in AZ after Johnny was released from Par Electric. While we were there Johnny had his double carpel tunnel surgery and we also found out from a Urologist that Daniel will not need surgery after all; the "issue" should correct itself over time. We have not been reassigned yet so we are chillin' at my parent's house in Hemet until Johnny is off the disabled list. Until then I am taking longer than necessary HOT showers and enjoying having water pressure again!
Johnny's surgery went very well. He did black out while having the IV put in the arch of his foot, which sure gave the nurse a scare, but other than that he came through like a champ. I was a little concerned when he didn't wake up for over an hour after the procedure. Usually patients are up and talking w/ in about 20 minutes. With our boys he just needed the opportunity to take a well deserved nap! Johnny was able to use his hands the same day, no stitches, only ace bandages. He is slowly but surely getting his strength back. He has been very annoyed asking others to open jars for him or get the baby car seat out of the car. He is used to just being able to do everything himself. Jaxon never did get used to the idea of Johnny not carrying him everywhere so there have been quite a few tantrums.
Last night we went to see AVATAR in 3D. Expensive but well worth it! Since Johnny's surgery was on our 8 year anniversary I guess we are slowly making up for our missed date night.
We wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and we hope yours is as wonderful as we are expecting ours to be tomorrow.


1 comment:
i am so glad that the surgery went well!! I missed you guys so much for Christmas!! Hey, you need to post more pictures of Wesley!! I want to see how big he is getting, and his smile! :)
I love you!! and i miss so very much! you have no idea!!
Post a Comment