I know it has been a while but honestly I just have not had a chance to sit down and post. My mom told me people were asking her if I was alright because I had not posted in so long. This is what happens with 3 demanding children and one broken computer.
We went to my sister's house in LA for Easter weekend. We watched conference and I was able to attend my friend Lee's Bachelorette Party at S Factor http://www.sfactor.com/ (yes I was learning how to pole dance) while Johnny attended Priesthood session.
Easter was great. We had fun at the Venice Beach Recreation Center egg hunt.
The egg hunt overall was poorly organized but the boys were thrilled to turn in their empty plastic eggs from the hunt for a little box full of candy. Daniel promptly handed it over to me and let me know that he was going to "earn all of the candy" by being a good boy. It was so cute.
The only disappointing parts were the parents of the other children and the Bitter Balloon Clown. Parents were literally picking up their children and running over other kids so they could grab empty plastic eggs. What a poor examples! One guy was cussing at the volunteers because his son didn't find the golden grand prize egg. Pathetic. His son was not even old enough to know what the grand prize was! The balloon clown we affectionately named the Bitter Balloon Clown after my cousin's high school garage band. Daniel asked the Bitter Balloon Clown for a Giraffe. She loudly informed him that she was a "professional physic" and was missing out on a lot of money to make these balloons. Next she informed him that unless his Mommy put some dollars in her little pail he was only going to get a dog balloon. Wow! Daniel looked at me completely confused and we moved onto the face painting table. Next we ate at Veggie Grill, a vegan restaurant in LA. AMAZING! I would totally be a vegan if I could eat there every meal! Not that they would invite us back after Daniel wrote on the wall and both boys built a fort with the chairs, but hey I can dream!
I had forgot how perfect CA weather was this time of year. Most days we eat lunch and read books on a blanket in the front yard. Wesley loves the grass. He is growing so fast, has 3 going on 6 teeth, he sits and crawls/rolls all over. We also found the local children's museum to be a diamond in the rough.
Last week Jaxon had his endoscopy at Rady Children's Hospital.
Look at his absolutely perfect esophagus & stomach. Beautiful. I am sure these picture don't look like a miracle to most people, but to us they do. Jaxon is doing very well and thanks to many answered prayers and food exclusion his results were completely normal.
Tomorrow I meet with a team of specialists including a GI, Allergist, and Nutritionist. I am hoping for an action plan that includes trialing some of the major foods we have been avoiding such as wheat, eggs, rice, corn, dairy, and nuts. Not all at once of course, but more variety for Jaxon would be heavenly.


3 comments:
Your boys are getting so big! And their hair so long! So cute. Hooray for Wesley and so many fun milestones. So happy that Jaxon is doing well and Daniel is starting school. Johnny looks amazing too! So lean and trim, now where are the cute pics of you?! :) Glad to hear all is well.
Your boys are so cute, and getting so big! Miss you guys so much. You are such a good mom Melody! Talk to you soon. Love you!
YAY!! you blogged!!! And Wesley is Absolutely Adorable. His ears crack me up!! ohh, and Jaxon looks so sweet in the hospital bed and wheelchair. how sweet!! i am so happy to hear he is doing so well! how is wesley doing with the foods?
i miss my nephews too much!! just reading you freakin blog makes me cry. lol
Post a Comment