
Daniel and Jaxon really were amazing. They listened, followed directions, and didn't fight. Well not much anyway. Wesley chilled in the stroller. There was a splash area where we sat to eat lunch. The ground was slippery and you could hear the sound of little bodies smacking the ground just about every thirty seconds. Luckily no one was hurt.
The highlight of the day was without a doubt the Lorikeet feeding area. Well worth the $3. I had the guy with the nectar separate it into two cups thinking Jaxon and Daniel could each have one. No strollers were allowed inside the exhibit of course so I was holding Wesley. There I was holding Wesley and the two cups of nectar when I entered the bird area. I was literally swarmed by birds. They were on my head, Wesley's head, my back, my hands and arms. I couldn't even hand Daniel and Jaxon the cups or they would spill.




My friend started calling me the Bird Lady. Wesley was in shock. Jaxon and Daniel were super excited until one of the birds hopped on Daniel's shoulder. Daniel started screaming and crying until a worker came and removed the bird. Only after the bird on him was gone did he want to have a bird on his arm.
There were some major hills at the Wild Animal Park. Many times I had to take off my sandals and run up the hills pushing the 3 boys in the stroller or I would have never made the climb. What was at the top? The elephants! There were 3 new baby elephants. They were adorable and we reached the top just in time for their feeding so we had a close-up view. Jaxon climbed up on a wood lock box and started making elephant noises. It was seriously annoying so I asked him to stop. Just then one of the baby elephants was upset his mother would not stand still so he could nurse and started making the SAME noise Jaxon had been making. It was cute coming from the elephant! Jaxon was very proud of himself.
.jpg)
We stayed until almost 3pm which is way past nap time. Jaxon was so tired his feet were dragging on the ground and he would fall every few minutes. He did wake up just enough to try and pet some very aggressive geese who were blocking the path. Jaxon freaked out when the goose snapped at his shoe. It should not have been funny, but it was. He jumped so high! Poor Wesley slept in the stroller for only a short time. All three were exhausted. It made for a quiet ride home!






No comments:
Post a Comment