Last weekend we went to the Butterfly Festival in Idyllwild California. It was so much fun. First we built bug boxes at the free Lowe's kid's clinic. Then we headed up the mountain to eat yummy Mexican food and set-up camp. Daniel and Jaxon were super excited to ride in my sister's car which made our car trip quite peaceful.
The Butterfly Festival was held at the Nature Center. The weather was perfect.
This was supposed to be a bean bag toss but there is something thrilling about sticking your head in holes for pictures. 
The butterflies were in two tents. We arrived with plenty of time to spend catching butterflies on watermelon and making butterfly masks.

I didn't realize I had a few butterflies on my back but Jaxon and Daniel were quick to get them off for me.
Daniel and Jaxon were very excited to show Wesley the butterflies. He of course had grabby hands so that didn't last long. Mostly I think he wanted to eat the watermelon that kept being shoved in his face.
At the end of the day all of the butterflies were released from the tents. We had a wonderful time!

I totally forgot to get pictures of the camp site but we had a great time at Hurkey Creek with my two sisters and their families. The boys had a great time on their first family camping trip and their hike with Aunt Jeanine. It is safe to say everyone made it home a "happy camper."
I have no idea how I ended up with no pictures of Jeanine, Kevin or Diana. Sorry!


No comments:
Post a Comment