Monday, August 9, 2010

Moving to Ontario, CA

Johnny and I have decided to move our family closer to his work. Ontario California here we come. For the past year we have been renting a truck from my parents. A little while ago they sold their extra work truck we were using. So, along with moving only a few minutes from Johnny's work we are going to go down to one car. This will cut out his two hour round trip commute to work every day and save us a ton of money on gas and car rent.

Living with my parents has been a good experience for our family. The boys have become closer with my parents and made new friends. I had a lot of help with Daniel and Jaxon when Wesley was little, which I really appreciated. I always said we would never move back to Hemet, but circumstances changed and here we are. 9 months has been a long time to live with other people after we had been on our own in Arizona for almost a decade. I find myself feeling sad about leaving but surprisingly, I am actually a little excited to move back into our trailer and be on our own again. Who knows, if Johnny is laid off again in December (which we have been warned is kind of the "norm" in this industry) we may be moving back in with mom & dad sooner than we think!

Johnny keeps telling me to be excited about moving so close to Ontario Mills Mall, but I have to keep reminding him I will not have a car to go to the mall! That is a catch 22 if I have ever heard one! If I want the car during the day I will have to haul the kids out of bed at 5:30am to get Johnny to work on time! Fun stuff!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats on the move! I was just at that mall visiting Phil's sister who lives in Fontana. I walked in and was like "this is strangely familiar...", good ol' AZ Mills. Apparently the whole "Mills" part of the mall title didn't click with me for a bit. It seemed to have the same crowd there too-tons of tweens wandering around, etc.

Janelle said...

That's not too far! I know you will see them regularly. What about preschool?

The Stephens Family said...

That is really exciting!!! Congrats :)

Crystal said...

I am sad :( But at least you are only an hour away!