Yesterday we went to the LA County Fair with my family. It was a really great time (minus the 100+ heat).
I found a discount package at COSTCO so it was actually not expensive (well except for Jaxon's Turkey leg, that was $9 just on its own). It was worth it so that Jaxon could eat something that the rest of us were eating rather than the food I always bring in the cooler. Of course the food and drinks at the fair are always the most expensive part, right!
We started at the farmer's fair area and the petting zoo. The boys loved their pony ride and having Aunt Jeanine explain some of the facts of life when it came to the nursing piglets and milking cows. The flavored honey was delicious (I really enjoyed the peach and blueberry honey!)
Next we went to let the boys ride a few of the carnival rides. I let them each pick 4 (thank you again COSTCO for the discount package). It was nice to see Jaxon pick a few different rides than Daniel rather than just following along. As a parent it is nice to recognize little things like that and realize your kids are starting to have their own preferances and become their own person.
After the carnival rides we headed into the A/C! It was so hot we were pouring water on our feet to cool them down. Wesley did not appreciate the ice I kept rubbing all over him but I am sure it helped.
We all loved the Jurassic Park building. Wesley was squealing the entire time. It was one of the only times we let him run free from the stroller with mom close on his heels! The dinosaurs were so life like!
Everything about our day was fantastic. I am only sorry Johnny had his once a month class and couldn't be with us. We owe Uncle Kevin & Uncle Jimmy a great big thank you for hauling my tired 45+ pound boys out to the car.
And of course what would our trip have been without precious June? She was perfect the entire day!


1 comment:
I have been missing you Melody! I wish you lived closer!
Post a Comment