Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!


For New Years weekend we made a very quick trip to Arizona to check on our house and welcome our new renters. Since Johnny and I are pretty boring on our own we visited with Johnny's sister then went back to put the boys to bed and sat on the couch watching a movie until midnight. At one point I remember Johnny saying Happy New Year to me, but then we went to bed. Boring! I know.

But, to redeem ourselves New Years day we went out to the desert with a bunch of our friends and had a nice Christmas tree bonfire and grilled hot dogs.
I bet the flames were getting to 25-30 feet some of the time. It was a little scary to see how fast the flames torched the trees. We only put them on one at a time and within seconds they were totally engulfed. The kids thought it was great fun.


It was so cute how they all wanted to sit in a line to watch. The kids would even sit next to the same person every time we moved them and they all listened pretty well up until the end when they were tired and cold. They enjoyed the sparklers and small fireworks too.

Poor Wesley looked like the little brother on A Christmas Story with his arms sticking out. The smallest winter jacket I have is a 3T so that is what he got. He couldn't even feed himself or get up off the ground on his own. He didn't like being held all the time, but that is basically what ended up happening.

Happy New Year!


1 comment:

The Kleyn Family said...

Looks like you had tons of fun!! We meant to meet upand hang out with you but the weekend got away from us...glad you enjoyed it. :) We were asleep way before midnight--we're boring too! Talk to ya soon.