Thursday, November 17, 2011

Rumor Mill Results

Yes, Johnny was laid off on Monday the 14th while I was in Denver. Apparently they laid him off (along with a handful of other guys) due to a reduction in work. Actually it is not as bad as I always initially think it will be. He was able to take care of the boys more while I was in Denver freeing up my dad from having them the whole time AND he was laid off the day before there was an accident on the job site causing an electrical fire. I am glad he was not there, just in case! There are only a few guys on the out of work list ahead of him so it should not be a long wait. In reality it is nice to have him home right before the holidays when everything is busy.

Usually he would file for unemployment during the time he is laid off, but since Garrett was born this year he gets to file for six weeks of paid "bonding time." Whenever and wherever he is sent I will be staying in Bakersfield with the boys until Christmas so Daniel can finish the first half of the school year. Wow my life is crazy and confusing, but I really do appreciate everyone's prayers on our behalf.

No comments: