Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What the heck is that?

Tuesday Nov. 22 - Daniel comes home from school with strep...while at Urgent Care Wesley and Johnny start throwing up.

Wednesday Nov. 23 - Wesley wakes from his nap with a fever and completely covered from his ears to his feet in tiny red bumps. While in the same room at Urgent Care we were in the day before I am told it is just whatever virus he has clearing itself out of his system. Yeah right! Then I notice some strange red lumps all over the front of my legs.
Thursday Nov. 24, Thanksgiving and Daniel's 6th birthday - Johnny (still not feeling 100%) stays home with Daniel and Wesley whose rash has spread to his mouth, throat, lips, and hands. I head to my sister's with Jaxon and Garrett. Poor Daniel missed Thanksgiving on his birthday. My family all think Wesley had Fifth Disease but I think it is Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. Either way it is a virus and just has to run its course.

Friday Nov. 25, Johnny's birthday - Load up and head to my parent's house for the long weekend. Half way there I start puking in a bucket. Wesley keeps telling me he wants to "see the puke." Happy birthday honey! That night Jaxon throws up even though he already had a stomach bug while we were in Denver just two weeks ago!

Sat/Sun/Mon - The lumps on my legs have turned into huge swollen lumps, my joints hurt, I'm tired and itchy. The lumps appear on my arms. My ankles swell and it is painful to walk. See how swollen my knees and legs are!
Due to a disgusting presentation at Jaxon's preschool on how completely rampant bed bugs are in Kern County CA I can't sleep thinking bugs are crawling all over me. I started thinking the issue with my legs might be from (dare I even say it) a bed bug infestation. Eeeeewwwww. Luckily Johnny has some sense and convinced me if they were bug bites I would not be the only one with them covering my body.

Today, a trip to the doctor. Lucky me...I have Valley Fever which is not as disgusting bed bugs but is also a huge problem in Kern County. I have to let it run its course and since it is not in my lungs I am not in the high risk category. Whoever said Bakersfield CA is the armpit of CA sure was right!

Sickness, sickness, go away! Please don't come again another day!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I'm so sorry- that sounds just awful. I hope you all get better soon. If it's any consolation, I spent Thanksgiving night hanging over the toilet as well.