Johnny had his once a month training class on Saturday where he was told by other apprentices PG&E (the big power company out here) is pulling back their work from the contractors. PAR, Henkels & McCoy, and Diversified being the main three. We are working with Diversified right now and they were supposed to be the least affected. Layoff time frame? Next Thursday the 15th. Some guys were already told for sure it will be their last day.
Johnny was given a heads up at work this morning that because of this shift in work loads they are going to lay off a whole crew from his yard. Since Johnny is still an apprentice not a journeyman he will be one of the first guys to go. Essentially we are not going to be in Bakersfield much longer without some major Divine intervention.
Whenever I start hearing the layoff rumors my palms get sweaty, I have a constant pain in my chest. My head aches. I get all weepy and cry at the drop of a hat. It is the unknown that does it to me. Of course everything is more complicated now that Daniel is in school. Do we pull him out? Live separate so he can keep going to school here? Switch to home school? And of course the big ultimate question we ask ourselves constantly...are we doing right by our kids living this way?
If Johnny is laid off again it will be the 3rd year in a row right before Christmas! He will go back on the waiting list to be sent somewhere else. Please pray we stay here! I need all the help I can get!


2 comments:
That has to be so nerve wracking. We will keep you in our prayers for sure.
Oh goodness! I am sorry you have had to endure such stress and worry three times running. Prayers coming your way!
Post a Comment