When we went to The Children's Hospital in Denver to see Dr. Furuta last November we were given an action plan to try rice, then wheat prior to Jaxon's next scope. We started with rice and he shows no external or as far as we can tell internal signs of reaction at all. No rash, no upset tummy, no vomiting, no dysphagia, nothing. He has fallen in love with Thai food, especially PadThai and Yellow Curry over rice. So now we are supposed to trial wheat and I am freaked out! Wheat is a very common problem for many people. I don't even know what I should start with. Do I just give him a regular piece of wheat bread? It is so against everything we have been doing for the last 4 years that I am having a hard time convincing myself that we should move forward. I'm a chicken.
Yet, if he can have wheat that would open up a whole new world of food to him. Is it really possible he has outgrown his allergy to whatever caused his initial reaction? Could my baby actually eat like a normal person eventually. Our last two restricted foods to trial after wheat are dairy and eggs.
I need to be brave and just do it. Jaxon hears us talk about trialing wheat and even though I am not sure he fully understands what we mean he is begging to try wheat. Here we go...
1 comment:
Good luck- I am terrified of wheat also- mostly because of the fear that if she fails-she will have tasted "The good stuff" and then won't want to go back! I think it's exciting to be down to just a few foods left-- we have a long way to go.
Post a Comment