Saturday, October 18, 2008

I BELIEVE!

Recently I have been thinking a lot about what I believe. Not just what I believe, what I know. I have been thinking about my life and if I am as happy as I can be. The answer...I could be happier. I say that because everyone can always be happier, no one is perfect. The closer I get to my Savior Jesus Christ the happier I become.

I BELIEVE...

1. Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. He suffered and died for my sins and only through Him can I return to live, yes live, with my Heavenly Father again.

2. Eternal marriage is essential in this life and in the life to come. I married an amazing man. I love him and I know he loves me. Together we can accomplish great things. I am excited to live my life with him and spend the rest of eternity by his side.

3. I matter. I have a purpose in this life. I have a job to do. I think being a mother is a big part of that job. Can I be a better mother? Yes. I am trying each and every day to be a better mother and teach my children about their Savior Jesus Christ. I learn something new every day and it is usually due to a mistake I have made as a parent. Sometimes I am learning much more from my sons than they are learning from me.

4. Church is important. This is the Church of Jesus Christ. The only true church on the earth. Attending church has been very difficult oh' since about Nov. 2005 when Daniel was born. Yep, all of a sudden I could not concentrate on feeling the spirit, listening to the talks, or pondering. Sometimes I have found myself attending church only because I feel like I need to. Do I always leave inspired? No. I really do believe that the act of following the commandments even when we don't understand why or when we just plain don't want to is proof of our faith, our dedication, our testimony. We will be blessed for it. It is NOT blind faith, it is real faith. I take the sacrament each week. It matters. I don't feel the same when I miss it. My entire week is somehow "off". I go to church because that is where I am supposed to be, not because I expect to have a blast. I go to grow closer to God, not to socialize. I go because I know that is where God wants me to be.

5. Joseph Smith was and is a Prophet of God. Sometimes I selectively forget how important this is. Why does it matter? It matters because he was a mortal chosen by God to restore His gospel to this earth. He actually saw God the Father and the Son Jesus Christ. I know he saw them. Some may think I am crazy, but it makes sense to me that a loving creator would have contact with His creation. As a parent how could I not have contact with my children? We are sons and daughters of God. He loves us. He loves me. He prepared a way for me to come back to him. Joseph Smith was an essential part of that plan.



There is a lot more, but I am feeling a little long winded. This post is for me...I just needed to write it down.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Thank you for sharing.

Stephen and Erin said...

What a neat post! That's such a good idea! Your blog is so cute!

Janelle said...

Thank you Melody! These are things I have been thinking about as well.

Hulse said...

very sweet and how refreshing--it seriously just improved my day! Hope NM plans are running smoothly for ya. I was in Smiths yesterday and my total came to $37.00 even, I laughed and totally thought of Johnny!! Have a great day!