
Let me first say that I think these are corny and I don't expect any one else to feel the need to do this too.
1. When I was in elementary school (I think about 4th grade) my older sister almost cut the top off the middle finger of my left hand with a steak knife. I was setting the table and she felt the need to grab the knife from my hand. One night at the ER and 4 stitches later I was good as new.
2. I used to wear red spandex bicycle shorts and a red and white striped shirt to school in 5th grade. It was my favorite outfit. I was so cool. The shorts had strange seams. People used to ask me if they were inside out.
3. My husband claims I burp like Homer Simpson. (Did I really just admit to that? Yikes). In actuality I think my little burps are NOTHING compared to some of the young women I work with at church, they can be a little scary. Really!
4. I rode equestrian horses from about 3rd grade to middle school. I LOVED riding Dancer. He was my favorite horse. Dancer was a huge black thoroughbred with a numb mouth (meaning if you pulled back to stop he couldn't feel it). I used to participate in shows, parades, etc. I loved the feeling of flying over the jumps. My parents leased me a horse named Deuteronomy (Dude) for a few months. I would work at the stable to pay off some of the boarding fees. One day on a trail ride my friend and I let go of the reins and lay back on the horse to look at the sky. My head was resting comfortably on Dancer's rump when he decided to race the horse next to him. Within minutes he had run me up the side of a mountain. The only reason he stopped is because of a barbwire fence. I learner not to day dream while riding horses. When I was still in elem. school my trainer thought I was overweight, which I was. She used to make me run around the ring through the thick sand leading some of the horses. The horses would follow me in circles. This was only done when a new trainee was on the horse, but it really embarrassed me and I eventually stopped riding. I was not great, but it was something I loved and my parents are amazing so they funded my hobby.
5. I hate putting my clothes away. I wash the clothes Johnny folds them and puts them away. I pile my discarded clothes on the shelf by my bed until Johnny makes comments about my pile. I put the kids clothes away and have no problem with putting anything else away. Johnny on the other hand puts all clothes away even if they are dirty. I have to pull them out of the closet to wash them, so I guess we balance each other out.
6. Johnny and I went to China for 10 days March 2005. China was amazing. There were people on bikes everywhere and cars have the right of way. Watch out! The first day we were there we had some kind of pumpkin dumplings (with chicken feet, which I didn't eat). The pumpkin dumplings were amazing and every meal we would ask for them again but they had no clue what we were talking about. I loved the Terra Cotta Warriors and the Forbidden City. The flights were crazy long and I could not figure out why my feet were swelling so much worse than every one else. I found out the day after we arrived back in LA that I was pregnant with our first baby boy, Daniel.
7. My labor with Jaxon was crazy fast. I only had strong contractions for a little over half an hour. He was born 7 minutes after I signed in at the front desk of the hospital. The doctor didn't arrive for almost half an hour later. Luckily my nurse was wonderful and caught Jaxon. I was not even all the way on the bed when he was born and the room was not set-up. The warmer was not even in the room. Within 2 hours I was in the shower shaving my legs. It was wonderful! Jaxon has always been a bit of a surprise, but that is just the way we like him. He is such a joy in our lives.
1. When I was in elementary school (I think about 4th grade) my older sister almost cut the top off the middle finger of my left hand with a steak knife. I was setting the table and she felt the need to grab the knife from my hand. One night at the ER and 4 stitches later I was good as new.
2. I used to wear red spandex bicycle shorts and a red and white striped shirt to school in 5th grade. It was my favorite outfit. I was so cool. The shorts had strange seams. People used to ask me if they were inside out.
3. My husband claims I burp like Homer Simpson. (Did I really just admit to that? Yikes). In actuality I think my little burps are NOTHING compared to some of the young women I work with at church, they can be a little scary. Really!
4. I rode equestrian horses from about 3rd grade to middle school. I LOVED riding Dancer. He was my favorite horse. Dancer was a huge black thoroughbred with a numb mouth (meaning if you pulled back to stop he couldn't feel it). I used to participate in shows, parades, etc. I loved the feeling of flying over the jumps. My parents leased me a horse named Deuteronomy (Dude) for a few months. I would work at the stable to pay off some of the boarding fees. One day on a trail ride my friend and I let go of the reins and lay back on the horse to look at the sky. My head was resting comfortably on Dancer's rump when he decided to race the horse next to him. Within minutes he had run me up the side of a mountain. The only reason he stopped is because of a barbwire fence. I learner not to day dream while riding horses. When I was still in elem. school my trainer thought I was overweight, which I was. She used to make me run around the ring through the thick sand leading some of the horses. The horses would follow me in circles. This was only done when a new trainee was on the horse, but it really embarrassed me and I eventually stopped riding. I was not great, but it was something I loved and my parents are amazing so they funded my hobby.
5. I hate putting my clothes away. I wash the clothes Johnny folds them and puts them away. I pile my discarded clothes on the shelf by my bed until Johnny makes comments about my pile. I put the kids clothes away and have no problem with putting anything else away. Johnny on the other hand puts all clothes away even if they are dirty. I have to pull them out of the closet to wash them, so I guess we balance each other out.
6. Johnny and I went to China for 10 days March 2005. China was amazing. There were people on bikes everywhere and cars have the right of way. Watch out! The first day we were there we had some kind of pumpkin dumplings (with chicken feet, which I didn't eat). The pumpkin dumplings were amazing and every meal we would ask for them again but they had no clue what we were talking about. I loved the Terra Cotta Warriors and the Forbidden City. The flights were crazy long and I could not figure out why my feet were swelling so much worse than every one else. I found out the day after we arrived back in LA that I was pregnant with our first baby boy, Daniel.
7. My labor with Jaxon was crazy fast. I only had strong contractions for a little over half an hour. He was born 7 minutes after I signed in at the front desk of the hospital. The doctor didn't arrive for almost half an hour later. Luckily my nurse was wonderful and caught Jaxon. I was not even all the way on the bed when he was born and the room was not set-up. The warmer was not even in the room. Within 2 hours I was in the shower shaving my legs. It was wonderful! Jaxon has always been a bit of a surprise, but that is just the way we like him. He is such a joy in our lives.


No comments:
Post a Comment