Two days ago I was outside with my boys playing in the back yard and I looked around to find where Jaxon had run off to. Of course he was over at the water faucet because he loves to play in water more than anything. Except this time he was not just playing with the water. We have a water spicket for our dog. Since we live in Arizona I have always been worried that she would run out of water on a hot day. The water to the spicket is always on. When she bumps it with her nose the water comes out. Jaxon has figured out the dog water spicket.
I looked over to see him bump it once, laugh, bump it twice, laugh, bump it again them promptly open his mouth as wide as he could and put it completely over the spicket. It was hilarious. I should have stopped him but instead I ran for my camera.
The water spicket incident made me realize that my baby and my golder retrieve have the same diet. Jaxon eats mostly sweet potatoes and grapes. The dog cleans out his chair promptly after every meal. In turn, if Jaxon is out of my sight for more than two seconds I make a run for the dog bowl. I will inevitably find him crouched over the bowl shoving handfuls of puppy chow in his mouth. He looks up, sees me then makes a run for it. I of course either catch him right away and pry the puppy chow out of his locked jaw, OR laugh hysterically, then pry it out of his mouth.
Jaxon can't have people food much less puppy chow (due to EE), but he thinks it is his own little pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. He has reactions to the puppy chow the same as regular food. It makes it hard to food trial when the puppy chow is giving us false results.
***Let me also take a moment to explain Daniels MC Hammer clothes. He is almost 3 and likes to decide what he wears. When we are home, no big deal. Leaving the house we might have a brawl over the 6-9 month fish shirt and the 4T lizard PJ pants. ****


2 comments:
haha! Ryland loves to dress herself too. At home she can do whatever unless we have guests, then she must change. Most of the time she is always wearing PJ's---which consist of long pants and long sleves even when it is 100 degrees outside! Maybe Jackson was a dog in his former life! hehe lol. Too cute. You are a good mom. I would have died!
I like Daniel's MC Hammer pants, I wouldn't have thought anything of it if you hadn't mentioned it. Don't we all have comfy pants to wear at home? And Jaxon is hilarious.
Post a Comment