Monday, January 4, 2010

Hulse Family Christmas

Christmas this year was low key. We were at my parent's home. The boys both had Santa call on Christmas Eve and tell them to be good and go to bed early. They both had huge smiles and bright eyes. We watched the Joy to the World DVD sent out by the church and read the Christmas story in Luke. It was nice. The boys were excited to get new PJs. Johnny and I stayed up late putting together a Thomas the Train set and a fire/police station. Johnny put together the new bikes.

Wesley's first Christmas. He slept until almost 9am and missed all the present opening chaos.
Christmas morning started about 5am.





Merry Christmas. We didn't send out a Christmas card this year, I was way too behind. Maybe we should start sending out Valentine's Day cards...

Johnny found out he is 22nd on the Active Apprentice list so we have a few more weeks off before he is assigned to a new location. We are using our time together to visit family. New Years was spent in Bagdad, AZ playing games and visiting Johnny's brother Michael and his family. Now we are heading off to Utah for about 10 days then back to LA to see Riverdance! Yeah.

I LOVE having so much time with Johnny. I sleep in! Johnny gets up early with the boys. Heaven. I get to take long hot showers by myself without little heads popping in and out of the door. I wish it could be like this all the time. Johnny wrestles with the boys and takes them out to ride bikes and drive Daniel's Hummer. We play games after dinner with my parent's and my dad tickles the boys like my grandpa used to tickle me. Johnny and I stay up late talking in whispers and laughing like we were newlyweds. He reads scriptures to me as I fall asleep. Wonderful, that is the best word for it. Wonderful.

3 comments:

Chelley said...

I am so glad you have time with Johnny. I love how happy you sound! Enjoy yourself!!

Heather said...

Can't think of a better way to spend the holidays than surrounded by your sweet family and drinking in all the togetherness. I am glad you are happy Friend. How did Johnny's surgery go? All better?

Diana Mae said...

You sound so happy!! It sounds like you and the boys had a great Christmas! I am sad I was not there! Wesley looks so big now! I am missing you so much!