Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Utah = FREEZING!

We went to Utah to visit friends and family for 8 days. It was a great trip but so extremely cold. We went from my parent's home in Hemet, CA to my friend Jody's home in Enoch, UT. We stayed one night with her family on the way there and back. They enjoy playing games as much as we do so we had a great time with Blokus and Risk.

Our main objective was to visit Johnny's brother James and his family in Logan. It was so great to spend time with them and their 5 kids. Our boys loved playing with their cousins. The food was amazing!
The snow has never been very enticing for me; I am a wimp! It was SOOOOO COLD. The high one day was 4 degrees! When it was a little warmer (as warm as the 30s can be) we went to an outdoor play fort that looked like a castle. It took about 45 minutes to get all the kids bundled and out the door. This was Daniel after less than 5 minutes. Maybe if he would have kept his gloves on his hands would not have been icicles. He spent the rest of the time in the car with his toes on the heater vent. He is just like me!
Jaxon lasted a little longer. Wesley was the most content in his snow suit.
To tell the truth we were home within half an hour!
The next day Johnny and my sister-in-law Becki took some of the kids sledding. I used the excuse that Jaxon was sleeping so I would not have to go out in the cold. Instead my niece Jamayka and I played Mario Brothers on the Wii. It is a good thing we don't have one or I would be addicted!
The stair case at the house there was very steep and I fell down the stairs while holding Wesley. I was able to turn while I fell so he was not hurt, but it was a very scary experience. I am still bruised and sore but there was no serious injury. I was so worried Wesley might be hurt but he was calmer than I was.

It was a great trip but it is nice to be back!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

What! Johnny has goatee! Wesley looks adorable. I love that picture of him. I am glad he is OK! Until now my balance has been a little off and I would worry about that every time I would come downstairs with him. I can only imagine on steep stairs. I hope you are not soar for very long.