I always want Jaxon to eat what the family is eating, but honestly we can only eat chicken and broccoli so many times! I found a recipe for buckwheat noodles, but I did not have any buckwheat. Buckwheat is a seed, not at all related to wheat. In case you were wondering. I know you were!
Here is my own version which I changed into Quinoa & Teff noodles. Quinoa is awesome and teff I had never used before, but I had it so why not?
1 cup quinoa flour
1/2 cup teff flour
1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill GF all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 to 3/4 cup water depending on preference
Extra flour for kneading and rolling it out
I just mixed it up and rolled it out as thin as I could get it without tearing. Then I cut it into strips like fettuccine.
While I was making the dough I put on a pot of water to boil.

I threw it in a pot and let it boil a few minutes too long while I was distracted with the normal immediate needs of my children. We have had some biting issues recently! Jaxon is definitely 2!

The finished noodles were grainy but what do I expect from noodles that are protein and fiber packed! Basically they taste like whole wheat noodles. Jaxon was not too convinced when we put them on his plate but I am used to him turning his nose up to my creations at first. I hope with a little more convincing they will be a new favorite!
I promise to post the recipes I use for graham crackers and pumpkin muffins ASAP. People have been asking for them for months and I keep forgetting! I also promise to post Jaxon's new favorite pumpkin pancake recipe in the next few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment