
9 Years! I can't believe it. I feel so old. Yesterday was nothing out of the ordinary or amazing, but for some reason it felt special curling up in Johnny's arms to go to sleep. I love him even more now than I did 9 years ago, which I didn't think was possible. Love grows and changes in ways you don't expect. Things that used to bother me don't seem to matter any more. I wonder if it still bothers Johnny how I leave the refrigerator open while I use something before putting it back? He has not mentioned it in years, but it used to really bug him. I used to hate how he would put the toilet paper on the roll coming from the bottom instead of over the top. After a while I decided just to be glad he put the roll on the dispenser. Johnny is amazing! He folds clothes and puts them away, gives the kids baths every night and sings them to sleep most nights. He never shys away from leading our family in scripture reading or family home evening activities. He tells me I am the boss all the time but he is not afraid to tell me what he wants (which most often is "a smile on your face.").
We have had hard years when he was unemployed and I had to go back to work, but Johnny is the first to say we need to go to the temple and serve more to be blessed. And we have been, many times more than we thought possible. I still think he is sexy and I love to see him in a tool belt! He tells me I am beautiful and how much he loves me every day. Johnny is the love of my life and I would not be complete without him. I look forward to our future together.


3 comments:
Aw...you 2 are such a sweet couple.
Congrats! We are also celebrating nine years in January. You two are perfect for each other.
Wow, your post got me teary eyed! Congrats on the anniversary. I love it when we realize how something we thought couldn't get better, just did. Miss you guys, love ya!
Post a Comment