Saturday, March 19, 2011

Fresno = Short Lived

Well we lived in Fresno together for a total of two weeks. Johnny was technically working there three weeks but the first week was spent up by the Oregon border on a storm work crew. The day after I found a new OB/GYN, registered at the hospital, confirmed the boys T-ball registration, paid for the first two weeks of preschool, found a pediatrician, attended my new ward's Relief Society dinner, and finished 7 loads of laundry the job ended. We found out Friday morning and were loaded up heading out of town before noon. The joy of living in a travel trailer.

We moved back down to Southern CA so Johnny can complete his mandatory Rubber Gloving class then we hope to be reassigned ASAP in April. For the first time ever I said to myself (and my sister) out loud "I hate living like this." BUT shortly after I reminded myself that the Lord blesses us every day and the hardest things we go through always end up bringing the greatest blessings. So, we are in limbo once more...anyone want to start placing bets on where we will be sent next? You probably have a better idea than I do.

4 comments:

mom-b said...

i linked your blog to mine, please check my blog and let me know it this is ok with you.

Heather said...

Oh man. I am sorry Melody. Were you able to get your money back for preschool? Hang in there, if anyone can do it, YOU can. And you have done it beautifully thus far. I am sure I would have complained a lot more than your one time.

Crystal said...

but the good thing...you get to come back and see meeeeee!!! I am so excited! :)

Momma J said...

Hilarious!

Well not really but let me explain...

I found your blog via doing an EoE search. We have 5 boys and only the youngest has food allergies. [Don't worry too much because we're 1 for 5 in terms of boys and EE.] He is just shy of turning 1 and was just officially diagnosed as having EoE and EoC. We live in Chandler but get this... we are from Fresno! :) (Not kidding; we lived off the Fig Garden loop.)