Yesterday I went to my weekly doctor appointment. I made the mistake of mentioning to the midwife who saw me that I have not been noticing the baby moving quite as frequently the last few weeks. I made sure to add that I knew it was because I have three very active boys and I just needed to pay attention more. I also know it is because he has less room in there to move. I should have kept my big mouth shut! She told me to go immediately to the hospital even after she zapped my tummy with her shocking stick and did an ultrasound to see that his heartbeat and movement were fine. She even had the nerve to tell me that if she had to fill out paperwork for my dead baby she would be sure to note that it was my fault for not going to the hospital! I was not going to go, but made another mistake telling my parents how the appointment went. I was drug to the hospital by my mother while my father manned the boys. I was on the monitors for three hours and had another ultrasound. Haha, I bet now my dad wished he had not made me go!
Johnny and I went to the hospital again this morning for the tour which was kind of ironic and a waste of time after last night. While we were gone Jaxon (of course it would be him) ate a poison mushroom growing in the grass of my parent's front yard. They spent the rest of the time on the phone with poison control, making him drink water, and waiting for him to bring it back up (which he still has not done). I think my parents might have taken on more than they expected when they let us move in for a few weeks.
One good thing about my appointment yesterday is that they agreed to induce me on Friday the 17th as long as my body seems ready. I told them about our situation with Johnny working in Bakersfield and for some reason they took pity on me. The end (or should I say the beginning) is in site!
1 comment:
Very exciting! Wishing you a safe, healthy, and easy delivery.
Post a Comment