The RV park Johnny found is really nice, really quiet, and really CHEAP! Love it! We even have some other guys from Johnny's work right next to us and they seem nice. They are both from Arizona so we have a lot in common. Plus they are already Journeymen and Johnny likes to pick their brains about stuff at work. He even has some time to hang out and watch sports with them while we are gone, which he needs. Guy time is important and he doesn't get much of it!
Bakersfield itself is lacking...at least so far. I found a nice little children's museum but had to go through many areas where check cashing stores, gentlemen's clubs, and liquor markets were more than in abundance! I was going to take my boys to the mall but after a dozen terrible reviews on Yelp about it being overrun with gangs I decided to pass. Luckily the library and city parks & recreation catalog look promising.
I am sad all I have is three days here before heading back to Hemet. I will not be back until the baby is at least a few weeks old and my life will be upside down. It has been good for the boys to have daddy home every night. They look forward to swimming with him, playing horse shoes, and having him sing them to sleep at night! I have loved it too! He rubs my feet with lotion before bed (without being asked) and I had forgot how wonderful it is to hold his hand while we go on evening walks. Absence really does make the heart grown fonder!


1 comment:
First off your new family picture is gorgeous! I wish I could see it larger so I can see all your cute faces more clearly.
Second, you are amazing, seriously. And yes, I can imagine you in labor on the side of the road with three boys in tow. Kinda like when you were hauling tables in the cultural hall at mutual and then went home and had a baby a few hours later. Crazy!
Post a Comment