While we were in the NICU the nurse mentioned she thought Garrett was tongue tied and then at his check-up the pediatrician did too. The next day I found myself at the ENT's office having Garrett's tongue clipped because he is in fact not just tongue tied, he is tethered, which means it will probably affect his speech and require corrective surgery later. I know this is a sad picture but I had the assistant take it right before they clipped his tongue so I could compare it to my other boys. He still has never put his tongue out of his mouth but he is nursing better than before. They were only able to loosen it a little due to it being tethered.
I mentioned my other boys to the ENT and go figure, he thinks they will need to have it corrected too. Now when Jaxon says "shawshage" instead of sausage it is not quite as cute! Wesley is blowing an extreme amount of raspberries at me now because I keep asking to see his tongue. All and all their little lizard tongues are still cute to me, but not as cute to my pocketbook!


No comments:
Post a Comment