12 years ago
Sunday, May 19, 2013
Mother's Day 2013
Mother's Day this year was nothing out of the ordinary. Johnny made breakfast. He loves to cook and Sunday is his only chance. He apologized for not getting me anything while we were eating. I laughed because it is usually a Kit Kat when he does get me something. I cleaned up and got out the church clothes. Once all the boys were ready Johnny took off with them walking to church so I could get ready in peace. I really LOVE this part of my Sundays. A whole 40 minutes to shower and dress all by myself! Just as I was leaving the house I got a call from Johnny that Wesley (our 3 year old) had pooped his pants on the way to church. Wesley rarely has accidents. I grabbed new clothes and plastic bags for him and headed out. I took Wesley into the church to drop off my stuff on the pew and rushed him to the bathroom only to realize I left the wet wipes in the bag on the bench. We ran back to grab them then off to the bathroom again. Once in the bathroom I realized we were dealing with a serious explosion that went down his legs and over his shoes. I cleaned him up the absolute best I could on the floor of the handicapped stall and washed up before realizing my keys were in my purse on the pew. I was not going to sit through Mother's Day sacrament meeting with a bag of poop clothes next to me! The meeting had started so I handed off Wesley to my parents (Johnny had the other 3), grabbed my keys and went to the car. Only then did I realize that Wesley had left a trail of poo through the foyer when we had come in the first time! Ugh! I delivered the poop bag to the car and scrubbed the foyer carpet on my hands and knees. At this point I was cursing my 6 inch heels! I entered sacrament meeting for the 4th time and threw myself on the pew just in time for my boys to go up with the primary to sing. If not for the Symphony and Dove chocolate bars at the end of the meeting I might have ended up in tears. We ended the day with a nice picnic in Pasadena with my sister's and their families. Johnny left for work in Delano, CA and I went home. Fancy? No. Memorable? Yes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh my gosh! I laughed and then I wanted to cry right there with you. Girl, I would have had Johnny take that poopy boy home to clean up the mess. Bless you, never a dull moment!
Post a Comment