
Many people have been asking so I just thought I would let you all know at once.
Johnny is doing great. Yesterday he climbed 6 feet, today he passed the 40 foot free climb pole test (telephone pole that is). He is one of two guys in the class that have not climbed previously, but he is keeping up with them just the same. One guy in his class "slid out" (I think that is the term he used) and face planted on the pole. Splinters in the cheek! Ouch. Tomorrow he will pass the 60 foot test then move on to climbing with a belt and learning how to maneuver around obstacles at that height. Understand that I am not familiar with any of this so I am just relaying what he tells me.
Tonight he is eating bananas (to help keep from cramping) and relaxing his sore muscles in the jacuzzi. I guess this is kind of like boot camp so of course the instructors try to make it miserable, but if you know Johnny he just laughs and does his best. Gosh I love that boy!


6 comments:
thanks for the update...I was just about to email you and ask! Is he staying with your parents while he trains?
If I were going to be with anyone 60 feet in the air on a telephone pole, it would definitely be Johnny I'd ask for. His humor would be the only thing convincing me to stay up there :-) We're glad all is well...and call me if you need a game night and dinner, we're up anytime, I know you're busy...Congrats to Johnny!
Wow that sounds scary! We're happy for the new 4 year adventure that awaits you! I had the same feelings when we moved to Utah--I tell people I'm from AZ!! Your little Jaxon is so stinkin' cute with his blonde hair and ham smile--he's so a Hulse!
Wahoo Johnny! If anyone can do it he can.
I am sad I was (still am) sick and had to cancel VT. I realize I will not see you before you leave! Ahhhh! You'd better post lots in Cali to keep us AZ friends posted and I know you will all do fabulously. We have loved knowing you guys and calling you friends.
I'm so glad you have a blog so I can keep updated on the happenings of your family. Sounds like Johnny is doing great!
Yup, that sounds about right! Josh and I always say that we don't know anybody who has as positive an attitude as Johnny. I don't think we've ever seen him without a smile on his face.
Post a Comment