This morning I was pruning my beloved rose bushes and I found the most wonderful surprise. An absolutely perfect long stem red rose hidden in the middle of the very last rose bush. I think it has to be in the top ten of my favorite things ever. After my new born babies and Johnny in a tool belt of course. The fact that I had a perfect rose grown in my own back yard just thrilled me for some reason. Sorry for lack of a better camera, but trust me the rose is perfect. I wish we had it yesterday to place on Johnny's father's grave. It would have been very fitting to place it there.
After finding my rose I started thinking of all the things I am really going to miss about living here in Mesa. It started with my rose bushes that have brought me great joy over the 6 1/2 years we have lived in this house and my thoughts wondered from there. I love our home. I love the green and blue pastel baby room Johnny and I painted together when we first found out we were having a boy.


I am going to miss the home where we brought both of our first two babies home and watched them grow.
I love our "L" shaped house/garage and the insane amount of lights Johnny added to every room (good luck figuring out the switches Emily). I LOVE my kitchen island all the game nights with friends. I love the Thai House that no one else knows about and I love that COSTCO is close enough for me to walk there if I ever got the urge.
I am REALLY going to miss my neighbors; the most wonderful neighbors anyone could every ask for. I am going to miss all of the 4 wards and 2 stakes we have lived in since we moved in this house. We have made such great friends. I will miss the 6 lane roads and smooth freeways. In Hemet they will be replaced with almost constant speed bumps and stop signs. I will have to show Johnny how to catch air off the best "dip" ever (not in MY car of course, but in HS I got all 4 wheels of my parent's suburban off the ground). I am going to miss the AZ Museum for Youth, the parks, and the summer swim lessons at Taylor pool.

I just love Mesa and there is so much I am going to miss, especially the people. The best part about living here has been our family and friends. We hope to come back in 4 years. I have always said that I am from CA, but now I am going to have to tell people I am from AZ.


4 comments:
AZ and all us people here are going to miss you too!
Okay, wait...I'm still trying to get Johnny in a tool belt out of my mind... :-) And believe me, we'll miss you more than you'll ever know. You had better come back. We love you guys!
Wait, Wait Wait!!!! Come back in 4 years!1 I don't think so! You are staying here in SO Cal With me! I know it is to be! ;)
We will miss you and as Zackery says Ah mom they were the most awesome neighbors ever! We will keep an eye on those Kleins and make sure they keep the house standing.....hahahahaha
Post a Comment