Saturday, June 27, 2009

Johnny Update #2


People are still asking so I will let you know...

Johnny is going strong. He passed the 60 foot pole climb and has moved onto learning to climb with belts. There have been a few little mishaps. First he hit his head on the pole pretty good then another time he stabbed himself in the foot with the gaff (the spike on the bottom of the climbing gear) when getting off the pole, but he said it was not a bad cut. I guess one of the other guys in the class was a Fire Fighter so he patched him up and on they went.

Today he is reviewing CPR and First Aid (which he happened to complete when it was offered by the ward a few months ago) along with tower climbing. Johnny said yesterday was fun because they were tossing golf balls back and forth between the poles once they reached a certain height. They also had a few team projects such as practicing hoisting tools up to one another with pulleys. Next week they will learn about pole rescues and emergency procedures.

We should find out by the middle of next week where we will be stationed first. I want to be near my family AND Johnny when the baby comes. I want Johnny to be there when Wesley is born. After that I don't mind where they send us. We are keeping S. CA in our prayers at least for the next few months.

No comments: