Johnny was super dad tonight while I went to have a free Mark Kay facial with a few friends. He took all three boys to Red Robin insisting that "We will be fine! They have bottomless fries" as if this was somehow the answer to all of life's important problems. Surprisingly they all returned happy and full.
Too bad after they got home there was a little accident. Before I went to my outing I started a crock pot full of little smokies for our ward party this evening. Wesley was just able to stretch and reach the cord. He pulled the bubbling pot down on himself before Johnny could reach him.
Johnny was quickly able to get it off, but it still burned his face. He was wearing long pants and a sweater so it didn't burn anywhere else on his body. Thanks to Johnny's quick reaction, a cold compress, aloe vera gel, and most importantly a blessing the redness and swelling were gone within three hours. Wesley seemed to be more upset about the cold compress on his face than the actual burn.
After the initial crying he could have cared less and went about his merry little way climbing on everything and digging through my utensil drawers. We are just so glad it was not worse.


1 comment:
Oh no! I always worry about one of my boys doing that! I'm glad he's okay, how scary...
Post a Comment