Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Confirming the Rumors


Yes, my older sister Jeanine is prego. I am so excited. They announced the good news while we were playing scrabble a few weeks ago. The first word was HAVING and the second was BABY! I totally missed it. She is due the beginning of July. Some of my first thoughts were "I am so glad it is her and not me."

I had been feeling frumpy and well, overall not great. After Jeanine's announcement I decided I needed to take action and fix the things that were bothering me. First, I went to the eye doctor for contacts so I would stop getting headaches from squinting all the time. Second, I joined Curves. I am now exercising at least 4 times a week and eating better. Next, I scheduled an appointment to get an IUD. I figured if we are not wanting to get pregnant for another 3 years then I need long term prevention. The only problem is that our terrible LineCo insurance doesn't cover ANY birth control. We saved up to pay the $800 cash to get the IUD. Long term it was actually going to be cheaper than paying for the pill every month. I felt like I had hit the jack pot when I found out about a program in California that would cover the IUD for me since my insurance didn't. Imagine my disappointment when I was told they could not put it in at that office and I would have to go to a different location. No problem, I would make the next appointment. Too bad despite all my exercising and being proactive my pants were not fitting. I was feeling even more frumpy and wanting to sleep all the time.

Before my IUD appointment I had a crazy nightmare that I was pregnant. I woke up feeling like I was falling and screaming NOOOOOO! My oldest just turned 5 last week AND more importantly, we live in a travel trailer moving all the time. 4 kids in a trailer is not on my list of things to do before I die. On a fluke I bought a 99 cent store pregnancy test to calm my fears.

I am 11 weeks pregnant. I am still reeling that we managed to get pregnant back in September despite still nursing Wesley and using birth control. I never even had a cycle! Hulse baby #4 is due June 22. I am actually due 10 days before my older sister.

Just to make this a little easier here are the answers to all of the questions I have been getting.

1. Yes, I cried for 3 days. I had no idea I was pregnant until I found out at almost 9 weeks!
2. Am I happy? It is a baby! Of course I am happy to have a baby.
3. No, I did not tell Johnny right away. I had to get all of my crying out first. Johnny's reaction: "At least we got the trailer with 4 bunk beds in the back."
4. Yes, Johnny laughed at me and we are both in shock.
5. Yes, my sisters, parents, and friends have all laughed at me. I am glad you think this is funny!
6. Of course I want a girl, but I will not be sad if its another boy.
7. No, it is not twins, I already had an ultrasound to make sure.
8. Yes, we plan on living in the trailer with 4 kids and finishing Johnny's apprenticeship before moving back to AZ. Johnny's foreman at work told him to send me back to AZ with the kids and visit a few times a year because 4 kids in a trailer will be crazy. I now understand why that man has been married 7 times!
9. Yes, my oldest will only be 5 and not even in kindergarten yet when our 4th baby is born.

Don't worry, I know you are all laughing that crazy "I am glad it is her and not me" type laugh right now. I understand. I would be too if it were not me.

I know that this happened for a reason. I know that the Lord's timing is better than my own. I know the Lord has a sense of humor and He knows what I can handle better than I do. So, here is to #4. Bring it on!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Well, if any one can do it YOU can! Congratulations are certainly in order. I hope you are feeling well and continue to do so as you tackle this crazy time in your life.

Kristin said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Yes, I'm laughing, but I'm also feeling bad for you. I would die if I got pregnant right now. I'll say a little prayer for your sanity. It will be great!

The Stephens Family said...

Congratulations!!! It's ok if people think you are crazy. People think we are way crazy as well!!! Babies are tons of fun, I'm sure there will be wild and crazy moments, but it will all be worth it :)

AZ Larsens said...

Okay I'm laughing, feeling panicky imagining myself in your situation (I have an IUD...lol), feeling bad for you, but also happy for you! And of course, admiring you for your attitude about it all. Obviously you are meant to have another baby right now and all you can do is just trust that you won't lose your mind in the meantime!

Terina said...

Congrats! Just remember how hard you worked for Daniel and how much you wanted to be pregnant and how happy you would have been to be you now! :D You're certainly up for an adventure!

Megan said...

I am so happy and excited for you...and Jeanine!! How fun to have babies so close together. You are a great mom and the Lord knows that!! I finally got a blog, it seems like the only way to keep in touch these days. Tell Jeanine congrats for me, I hope you both have it easy the next 7 or so months.

Elizabeth Farnsworth said...

Congratulations! Wow! You are definitly the one that could handle this! You have such a great attitude about everything. mIss you!