We have been planning to go to Lego Land for a few months now. The original plan was to go last weekend with our friends from Arizona. Too bad their son broke his leg and they had to cancel, but we still planned on going. That is until I got the flu. My boys all had it the week before, so I shouldn't have been surprised when I started feeling sick. I was really upset to push back Lego Land since we told Daniel it was in place of a birthday party. Then this weekend with a 70%+ chance of rain all day we cancelled again. I was frustrated at first, but then realized what was really happening.
The first weekend Lego Land was replaced with the Pasadena Children's Museum, Kidspace. Johnny had never been there with the boys so he was able to have a fun day out with them. This weekend we replaced Lego Land with The Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana. So, due to unforseen circumstances we have now had two fun family Saturday activities instead of one, and we are still planning on hitting up Lego Land in December (due to non refundable tickets that expire by the end of the year)! Bonus.
The Discovery Science Center was a blast. We were not even able to get to the outdoor activities due to the rain, but we will be going back thanks to our new membership. Love you Mom & Dad and I love early Christmas presents! One of the things the boys liked best was the hockey exhibit. They enjoyed practicing hitting pucks and being the goalie.
Daniel blocked a few pucks, but was a little gun shy of the machine spitting them out.
Jaxon was not afraid and even growled at the machine before unleashing a karate move in its general direction. Then he squatted down and let the pucks zoom over his head.
The boys were very well behaved the entire day! Wesley even loved wondering and having us chase him down. We had a great time together and I am looking forward to Lego Land more and more every time the trip is pushed back. I am sure they will have fun Christmas stuff to entertain us in December! Anyone want to join us?


No comments:
Post a Comment