Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Using the belt!


I am sure many people think my children need the belt, but Johnny and I have never felt that will teach them the correct way to act...until now.

We were out to dinner with my parent's the other night when Daniel and Jaxon reached the point of no return. They would not just stay in their seats! It had been a REALLY long day. During the middle of the night the carbon monoxide detector started beeping. Apparently one of the boys turned the propane stove on. It was on for at least 6 hours. Before bed my eyes were burning but I obviously didn't put two and two together. We are lucky to be alive! The next morning we discovered a leaking window. After a few weeks of rain there was lots of mold under one of the benches in our trailer.
By the time we moved out of our trailer, took the trailer back to the manufacturer for repairs, and moved back to Hemet with my parents I was no longer willing to play my boy's little games. We were in a restrauant and I had finally had enough. I told Johnny and my dad to take off their belts.

Daniel and Jaxon were not too happy with the outcome, but they stayed in their seats and I was a much happier mommy! Before we left I had to remind my dad not to get up until I returned his belt!

Judge if you wish! It was a very effective solution.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Hahahaha! I gotta try that one!

Heather said...

Well your title led me to believe something else!-not that I would judge you one way or the other, to each his own...
I think it is brilliant. Well done.