After we left Fresno we went to
Hemet to stay with my parent's for a few nights then to Riverside where we stayed two weeks. From Riverside we went to Chino, which is surprisingly very nice. Last night after Johnny came home from a 14 hour day he told me he is being moved to Long Beach starting Monday. When we signed up for this training program and moved from Mesa I never imagined we would move quite this often. We were told it could be a week or up to a year in each area, but of course I didn't actually think we would ever be in one area for such a short amount of time much less multiple areas for only a few weeks each! The last few weeks I have been super emotional mostly due to being pregnant and sick of moving. Hopefully we will be in Long Beach for an extended period of time so that I can find a doctor and hospital (and spend some much needed time at the beach before the baby comes).
Johnny of course is loving it at work right now. The days on this crew are long but he has worked in the energized primary lines (meaning 12K volts) every day. He is excited about everything he is learning. Apparently there was a small fire on Tuesday when one of the 12K volt lines was blown into a secondary 4K volt line, but it was put out quickly and without injury to anyone. He said he has never climbed down a power pole so fast in his life. I also have a friend whose husband is on a crew installing new power lines by helicopter. The next time they are working close by we are going to go watch the guys in action. I think it would be very exciting for my boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment