Saturday, April 2, 2011

Personal Space


Thursday I made an overnight trip to my parent's house to take Jaxon to the dentist for the 2nd time this week. He broke the top of one of his front bottom teeth off, then managed to break the filling off the same day I spent two hours at the dentist with him (and the other two boys) having it fixed. Besides the fun time at the dentist I had to drop off 6 days worth of what I like to call "poo samples" from Wesley to the lab. He is now undergoing a slew of allergy testing due to months of irregular bowel movements. Boy was I ever glad to get that out of my refrigerator/freezer.

I am sure you can imagine that after the car ride added to our fun times together that day I was excited to get home and tag Johnny to take over with the kids. This is the fist thing I noticed when I pulled up.
Of course my first thought was "what the heck are they thinking?" I immediately felt like my personal space was completely invaded. They are extremely close to our trailer. I am talking not even a foot from our electrical connection! With the immense amount of open grassy area here and the large size of each space there is no reason for it. To ease my frustration we closed all the blinds and went on a walk to the park, all the way thinking of reasons these new campers felt compelled to place their tent just so.

1. They are hoping to catch a glimps of me in the buff through our bent aluminum mini blinds?OR NOT. I don't have any vain misconceptions about my 30 week prego body.
2. Maybe they like being inches from our sewage drain?
3. Maybe they relish the shade from our trailer?
4. Maybe they enjoy listening to Jaxon's blasting cry every time he doesn't get his way?
5. Maybe they like seeing my precious Wesley bounce on the couch in front of the window every night after his bath?
6. Maybe they wanted to be close enough Daniel could spray them with his fire hose this morning when he was in his firefighter costume (hehe...I mean oops).

Whatever it is I was frustrated at first but now that I think about it, it could only have been poor planning at its finest. Poor tent campers sleeping next to our sewer and having to listen to my kids banging and screaming. I bet they'll rethink their tent placement on their next outing.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

That is frustrating, but HiLaRiOuS! I laughed! Sorry Melody! Memories :)

Ashley said...

Lol!! That's a little too close for comfort:) What the heck are they thinking? Miss ya lots, and I'm super jealous about you going to the Ellen show!Lucky!